Life in Darwin without automatic gates, especially solar powered sliding automatic gates, would be misery. Most often your automatic gate opener/sliding gate fails when you need it most. Automatic gates are often taken for granted and it’s worth doing annual maintenance on any solar powered or hard wired gate motor whether it’s remote operated or not.
Just think back to 7.45AM on a Tuesday and you’re late for work in the middle of the wet season. You can see your automatic sliding gates in front of you, through the rain bouncing off the windscreen of the car..
It’s the second time this week, with screaming kids in the back seat late for school also.
As the skies above open and a deluge of water falls from above, you press that remote control gate opener only to hear unsatisfying half beep and the automatic gate doesn’t move a bit.
Shower fully clothed or get an electric swing gate opener or automatic sliding gates
Most people who choose Dunwrights Electrical to install their automatic sliding gate opener blame Darwin weather for their decision.
‘I may as well showered fully clothed’, is a pretty common story that pushes people to take the next step to the ease and DRY comfort of using a remote control to slide open their gates from the car.
There are many ways we can help you lift your quality of life with electric sliding gates:
- We can make automatic sliding gates fit your entry or exit space whether that means a 4m rail or an 8m rail. Because we’re local and experienced, we know what electric motors to choose to suit the size and weight of your gate. Motor size and type also is dependant on the number of opening cycles required and the amount of use. For Custom Designed gates why not duck over to Dunwrights Doors & Gates where quality and attention to detail are right up next to customer service.
- We choose time and field tested components that are heavy duty and of sound construction because we know what weather conditions your gates will face in the Northern Territory
- Our solar powered and battery backup models mean there’ll be no failures from storms or surges so with Dunwrights you will have an operational gate, even when there is a black out due to the upsized solar panel and backup batteries in the kit.
- You will benefit from our know how by ignoring what batteries might be fine down south and actually installing batteries that suit the Top End if you install a solar powered sliding gate kit.
- You can opt to add electric gate locks (electronic locking for 240V systems or mechanical locks for solar/battery combinations) that come with force ratings of up to 2 tonnes. This is possible for swing gates also whether single swing or double swing and does not depend on gate weight.
- Choose options with keypads and beam detectors as well as auto close for extra safety features and security.
Choose a local expert to install your electric sliding gates or get caught in the rain this wet season
We do often rant about the cowboys who ride through Darwin doing shoddy electrical work, leaving us established, local businesses to clean up the mess when the boom is over.
So our plea to you is to avoid the pain and choose our ‘local know how’ from the start. Skip on the fly by nighter with online purchased no warranty automatic gate opener kits.
For example, not only can we custom-engineer a solar powered sliding gates system with battery backup and motor, we can design the whole set up to get the most of the sun for you home, office or apartment building. Not long ago we completed the largest solar powered gate entry and exit system for a large complex of 86 townhouses, approximately 160 cars and the solar powered sliding gate motors that powered the driveway gates were opening and closing hundreds of times a day!
On Google+ recently, customer Trent Robertson left us a five star review for our installation on an apartment block, saying, ‘Used Dunwrights for the installation of a solar powered electric gate at a unit complex. Very happy with the result, great communication would highly recommend.’
A further benefit of choosing Dunwrights for your gate opener system is that our motors come with double the warranty of our competition, 2 years instead of one.
And in most locations, we also give a complimentary tune up in 12 months.
So forget raincoats in the wet season because with Dunwrights Electrical in Darwin, your life will become all sun showers and rainbows with the right automatic sliding or swing gates, done right!
Some questions to think about before purchasing a sliding or swing gate motor
How does an electric gate work?
What is the benefit of an automatic swing gate over a sliding gate opener?
This comes down to a number of things. It depends on the location of your gate motor in relation to your fence or house. It also gives you the ability to be able to use your existing gate rather than building a new one.
At a job not long ago we attended and the home owner had enclosed the gate motor with a wall when they did an extension. Basically the gate motor is never able to be removed and replaced without tearing down their entertaining area wall.
If you already have a sliding gate system then a solar sliding or 240 volt sliding gate is worth continuing on with. They take up less room when opening and closing and are safer when it comes to beam location. It will also be quite a lot cheaper in some ways. Again this depends on location of property.
A swing gate is less expensive in some ways and more in others. Two gates need to be fabricated rather than one which involves more material and labour. Two motors are required to be installed and the cabling between the two. at the opposite end when converting from swing gates to electric sliding gates concrete and clearing is expensive also.
Can I use my smart phone to open my remote control automatic gate operator?
What is the best sliding gate operator?
Which company is the best for an automatic gate opener?
What is the typical speed of an automatic sliding gate?
Why does my automatic gate open after closing? How can I fix it?
Possible obstruction. If it is an automatic sliding gate opener with remotes, check the wheel track for any twigs or rocks. this can cause it to go into fault. If it’s an automatic swing gate opener this could be force margins whether a single gate or a double swing gate.
What are the problems with gate motors in Darwin ?
Some companies supply undersized batteries and solar panels for solar powered operators which is why we upsize everything to cover you in a monsoon. When it comes to powered gate motors there can be problems with power surges. We install surge diverters quite often to help combat the effects of storms and power surges.
If you have any other questions, comments or concerns about your existing or new installation please give us a call or drop us an email.
Home, Commercial, You Name It, We’ll Be There.
Serving Darwin, Palmerston, and surrounds