If a big-screen TV with its own tiny built-in speaker just isn’t doing it for you, it’s time to start thinking about some type of home theatre system. And the very first thing you want to consider is the budget.
According to most estimates, good quality and well-installed home theatre system can cost between $5,000 and $100,000 for absolute high end. Whatever your budget, you want to make sure the job is done correctly, keeping a number of things in mind before making any purchases:
- Room size
- Wall space
- How many people would you like to comfortably seat
- Will the room be used for any other purpose
- What’s your definition of high quality video and sound
- Do you want more than one screen
- Do you want a table-top, wall-mounted or built-in screen
There’s a lot of advice on the internet about how to create exactly the “right” home theatre experience within your specified budget, but ultimately it comes down to what you’re looking for both in terms of audio and video quality.
And that’s where you want to begin: as in, go out to see and hear existing systems in as realistic a setting as possible. In other words, come as close as you can in advance to knowing you’ll be satisfied once everything is installed.
Once you get an idea of what constitutes “good, better, and best,” and how all that fits into your budget, you might want to consider some additional options, such as:
- Wireless sound system with speakers in other rooms
- Surround sound
- Automatic dimmer
- Acoustic diffusers and absorbers
- Home theatre surge protector
- Universal remote control system
What does almost everything we’ve talked about so far have in common? The need for a professional electrician to set everything up and make it all work: to perfection.
At Dunwrights Electrical, we have the experience and ability to handle all of that for you, including:
- Set up and integrate all components
- Connect and arrange all wires and cables for a clean and uncluttered look
- Label all wires and cables for future trouble-shooting or equipment repair and replacement
- Stay within your budget
- Guarantee your 100% satisfaction
To learn more about our home theatre – from the simple to the profound – wiring and set-up services, contact Dunwrights Electrical today. We’re your local electrical service professionals.